I wanted to share a little more about me, my life and my fiancé — mostly why I am doing this.
Throughout my life, I have been many things. I have been a friend, a daughter, a sister, a student, a horse back rider, a photographer, an animal lover, an artist, a home owner and a traveler. These have been some of the things that define who I am. And now I am adding a fiancé to the list, and in a couple short months a college graduate.
This is a time in my life where everything is changing. In the BEST way possible! I couldn’t even begin to describe how incredibly happy I am with the direction that my life has taken. Kevin is without a doubt one of the best people I know and in less than a year from now I will call him my husband. Thats crazy! A couple of years ago, I could have never imagined how full my heart is now. I want this blog to be a place where I can share all these incredible changes and my journey through engagement and becoming the best wife that I can be.
But that doesn’t mean that there won’t be struggles. It doesn’t mean that there won’t be days where I am so frustrated and stressed with wedding planning, or with the pets, or simply with the sheer amount of people living in my two bedroom condo that I want to just scream and run away from it all. For those days, I want this blog to exist too. Because despite what social media tells us, no one has a perfect life. Even those of us with the most charmed and beautiful lives will have days where they feel like they failed or they fell short or it is all just too much.
My dream for this blog is for it to be a place where I can share all my best and funniest moments along with my worst as I navigate this new period in my life. I want this blog to be real.
So heres a little more background information on me!
– My wonderful fiancé, Kevin proposed to me on march 26th. He planned out a whole elaborate scavenger hunt that started at the place we first met (coffee bean) and took us to a whole list of places that were part of our story including the barn where I keep my horses. There my best friends were waiting with my horse who was covered in flowers with the next note. Each note had a cute little story about the place we were at and then a clever riddle leading me to the next place. We ended up at our favorite restaurant in Ventura on the beach called sushi house and then at sunset he proposed to me on the beach. It was even more magical then it sounds and pretty much the best day of my life!
– I am currently studying Business Administration with am emphasis on Entrepreneurship. I am planning on working for my father’s web start up once I graduate. Its called EatSmarter — it is basically a website packed full of healthy recipes, nutritional information, newsletters and articles. If you guys want to check it out, its over at http://www.eatsmarter.com .
– My fiance, Kevin and I, live in my beautiful two bedroom condo a long with my best friend (and maid of honor), her boyfriend, my labrador and our combined three cats. Yes, that is as many people as it sounds. On top of that I have two horses, that are want as much attention as they can get.
– I absolutely love photography and will probably fill this blog with lots and lots of photos. I also love flowers. So there will be lots of photos of flowers.
– As I’m sure you can guess, I love animals. I am also very into art, pottery, traveling, camping, most things outdoors, sometimes fashion, cooking and reading.
– I am a Book of the Month club member — I periodically (often) get behind on reading. I wish I didn’t.
– I have a cat who I am convinced is bipolar. He loves Kevin and my roommate and hates me. He hisses and screams if I pet him too much — I have had him since he was a kitten, before any of these other people he loves so much lived here.
– I try to meal prep and cook healthy dinners as much as possible — some weeks its works better than others.
– I bullet journal. Its an obsession and takes up way more of my time than it should. I also love planning and making lists.
– I am a big coffee lover. A few months ago, I hated coffee. I was completely anti coffee, now I am not sure how I survived. Call me a convert.
Anyways, thats it for now!
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter